LS Energy Solutions, a global provider of energy storage solutions is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair of LSES Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS). Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who embodies an “ownership” mentality and is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across the organization. The Field Service Engineer is a hands-on role, requiring someone who is willing to go above and beyond and brings experience working with customers in high pressure situations. The right candidate brings solid knowledge of BESS and related components.
- Oversee onsite installation and commissioning of LSES Battery Energy Storage Systems.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance, and service work.
- Serve as an onsite technical resource.
- Provide feedback to engineering team on hardware and software performance issues or problems.
- Assist with the creation of manuals for service engineers and customer use; routinely works with engineering to document work.
- Coordinate with internal departments (engineer, supply chain, etc.) on parts acquisition.
- Contributes to continuous product improvement by supporting product engineering and testing, participating in design reviews as needed, communicating identified in field issues, and delivering feedback to engineering team.
- Participate in VOC (Voice of customer) by gathering customer feedback.
- Provide onsite customer service through hands-on technical assistance, telephone support, and serve as the liaison between LSES and the customer post-installation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical preferred)
10+ years of experience in lieu of degree; consideration given for equivalent military experience
5-7 years of field service experience
2+ years of experience commissioning or troubleshooting battery energy storage systems
Experience in the use of electrical test equipment and mechanical hand tools
Experience in power electronics, energy or related field (desired)
Must be able to travel with no restrictions (domestic & international); expected travel up to 75% (some weekend work required)
Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of AC/DC theory, Low-Medium-High Voltage, 3 phase power
- Ability to read and understand schematics, layouts, engineering blueprints
- Strong technical aptitude
- Knowledge of safe work practices specific to high voltage battery/energy storage systems
- Skilled in the use of mechanical hand tools and electrical test equipment (i.e. Oscilloscope, power analyzers, energy measurement equipment, etc.)
- Skilled in planning, project, and time management
- Familiar with various software (i.e. Office, Modbus, TeamViewer, etc.)
- Understanding of current engineering principles (related to analysis of power systems, electrical interconnection, battery energy storage systems, etc.)
- Adaptable, collaborative and able to work with internal and external teams, customers, vendors
- Organized, self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to think ahead and resolve problems
- Customer-centric with strong attention to detail and a keen focus on quality
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Comfortable in ambiguity
This job description provides a statement of the general purpose of position and provides an outline of the duties and responsibilities involved. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. This agreement does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the position change.